You want to begin blogging, but you’re saying, “I don’t know what to write about!” Many people have told me that they didn’t know what they wanted to write about, but after working together, they have more ideas than they know what to do with.
Last week, you learned why every coach and speaker should be blogging. Now it’s time to learn how to write inside of your blogs as a new blogging beginner.
What should you be writing in your blog? Here are four ideas to begin discovering content you can have inside of your blog:
This seems quite obvious, but it’s true! Write what your passions are or what your message is all about! So which passion do you write about? I don’t know a single person who isn’t passionate about more than one thing, so how do we decide which passion is the one? Here’s a few ideas on how to narrow that down:
- What are some questions people are always asking you that you can answer on the top of your head with no thought?
- What is a topic that you can talk about all day long and never get tired of talking about it?
- What do you spend most of your time doing or researching?
- What is your business foundation all about?
- What are you discovering more and more about that surrounds your message/expertise?
- What are some questions that you even have about your own area of expertise that people should be asking you?
I hope these questions will generate some ideas on how you can begin generating content for your blog.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do people ask you things that you’re pretty much sick and tired of answering or it seems too common knowledge for you? Why not turn that most asked question into a blog? Write out the top 7-10 questions people are ALWAYS asking you and you’re tired of answering and make each question into a blog post. The next time someone ask you, you can point them to your blog.
What inspires you? What motivates you to get up in the morning and do what you do? How can you stand to do what you do?
Inspiration goes a long way and people crave positive words. Write about what inspires you and how it has fueled your passions for so long.
Writing is my passion, but not everyone understands why I love writing so much. So I may write a post talking about my inspiration behind writing and why it fuels what I do. I write it because I know someone out there needs the same inspiration to get up and write a blog post on a consistent basis.
Hot or Trending Topics
What is trending on the web right now that is about your area of expertise or even surrounding the area of your message?
Right now, blogging and content marketing is hot in my area of expertise and I am tapping into that.
But how do you find hot or trending topics in your area of expertise?
Here are a few ideas for you to discover your own hot topics:
- Look at your competition. I bet that they are answering hot or trending topics that you should be writing about right now.
- Take a peek at buzzsumo.com for some ideas on what are the trending topics in your area of expertise.
- Google Keyword Planner. It will give you the most used keyword or phrase that people are looking up right now.
- Pinterest is the 2nd most used search on the web and usually, you can find your own hot topics by typing in one word and see what suggestions Pinterest has for you for your next word. This usually indicates what the most popular or trending word searches are.
If you want to discover more about what to write about inside of your own blog and you feel like this was a great blog post, but maybe you need more ideas or inspiration, then I want to invite you to join me and my amazing co-host, Laura Acentio, CEO of Social Savvy Geek, in a LIVE Masterclass on Tuesday, January 24 at 2pm MST where we’re going to dive deep into blogging!
If you want to maximize and gain profit from your blog, then join us live where you’re gain more insights on how to maintain your blog and then how to gain clients from it as well! Sign up will be available in next week’s blog post!